Monday, September 15, 2014

Day Twelve - The Future

NOTE:  This post is interjected here because I didn't publish it on its specific date.  Oops!

Prompt:  How do you envision your teaching changing over the next five years?

If you had asked me this question a year or two ago, I would have responded by saying that I didn't see myself still teaching five years into the future.  Now, I think that I still have something to offer my students, and I really think that I want to continue teaching.  I truly believe that teaching is in the fabric of my being, but I do think that I may add on teaching at the collegiate level.  I graduated with a master's degree last year, and I'm now eligible to teach as an adjunct professor at a local university.  I can see myself teaching a couple sections of history at the collegiate level, but I really don't think I could give up teaching high school students.  There is so much to love about them.

As for my teaching practices, I would love to be able to go paperless.  I'm slowly transitioning to that format, but it's difficult when you're students are largely economically disadvantaged and the amount of technology available to them is limited.  It would be amazing to find ways to circumvent this issue and provide an environment that shows students that being environmentally conscious is key in our world.  If students could discuss material and concepts amongst themselves via on-line learning platforms

No comments:

Post a Comment